Re: [OM] OT running an executable on vista

Subject: Re: [OM] OT running an executable on vista
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 13:16:30 -0400
I was helping my sister with her new HP laptop which has vista as OS.  I
downloaded the free version of Avira Anti-Virus and saved it to a folder
on the desktop.   When I double clicked the install file, vista opened a
window asking me "what program do you want to use to open the file" like
acrobat reader or media player.  What?  Vista would not allow me to run
the file to install the program.  I looked under user accounts and my
sister is the only user and is logged on as administrator. Right
clicking the file does not offer the option to "run" file.  Obviously I
have no vista experience.  What gives?
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com