Re: [OM] OT running an executable on vista

Subject: Re: [OM] OT running an executable on vista
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 12:13:59 -0700
I've been running Vista for some time. Double clicking on downloaded
.exe and .msi files always starts the run process. Vista does check the
signature and ask if I really want to run this foreign, possible invader.

As others have suggested, check that it's an executable file and not
corrupted.

By the way, Vista doesn't install with the "Run" option on the Start
Menu. To get it back, right click the task bar on the bottom, select
Properties, Select the Start Menu tab, click Customize and check the box
about 2/3 of the way down for "Run command".

Moose