Re: [OM] So what Zuiko is the true Bokeh Champ?

Subject: Re: [OM] So what Zuiko is the true Bokeh Champ?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 07:52:48 +0200
I concur with this, I do not believe that the nature of the capture
medium
could have any effect on the bokeh, just as it cannot have any effect on
resolving power, unless somebody proves otherwise to me.

What I have observed, is that the nature of the bokeh of a lens can vary
wildly based on the nature of the scene being photographed.

Returning to the original question in this thread, I must say that the
90/2.0
is still the smooth bokeh king of all the olympus lenses I've used.
The 300/4.5,
which I use and love, is great, but I am not so sure that one can
compare a long
tele like that with shorter lenses, all teles seem to have great
bokeh. My Tokina 800mm
tele has, in that regard, the best bokeh I've ever seen, but I really
think this becomes
a matter of focal length - I have personally not seen a tele prime
with ugly bokeh.

Ling, regarding your tests, do you have a 50/1.2 to compare to your
other 50s?
I'd love to see it compared to the others.