[OM] So what Zuiko is the true Bokeh Champ?

Subject: [OM] So what Zuiko is the true Bokeh Champ?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:08:53 -0400
Thanks CH.  That's quite a valuable collection of images to compare.
Now which 50 to bring on the Zuiko trip beginning about a week from
now?  This is going to be the toughest pack yet.

I did misread your previous comments about the corner sharpness of the
50/2 in my haste at work.  I brought the Z. 50 f2 last year. Not sure
how they manged to improve the corner sharpness and not cause more
issues with the bokeh.  A CZ85mm ??1.2 is suppossed to be a bokeh
King--it did sacrifice some corner sharpness.  Even the G9 has smooth
bokeh at moderate macro rnage with a distant background.--I don't think
that counts.

Mike

Ok, here is bokeh samples from some 50mm and 85-100mm lenses, for the
long
one I can't see any difference on their bokeh except the 75-150 at
~100mm
which seems to have more DOF. For the 50mm, the one with best bokeh is
50/1.4 MC and the poorest one is 50/3.5 MC macro.

They are around 3MB each, you can download and compare them. Besides
bokeh,
you can also see the center resolution.

http://www.accura.com.hk/bokeh/IMG_3693_852F2.JPG

http://www.accura.com.hk/bokeh/IMG_3694_852F4.JPG