Re: [OM] (OT) Playing at 21mm

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Playing at 21mm
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 15:24:03 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Went out this morning with the (relatively) new Zeiss 21mm 2.8. Found an old
> Landing Craft Resupply Cargo (LARC) at Port Clyde and took a couple of snaps.
> One color, one black and white. In the color shot, you can gauge the scale of
> the ship by the size of the pilot house at the stern, and by the fact the
> tires (tyres) are better than six feet tall. The torpedo shaped gizmo in the
> foreground, which I cannot identify, is _very_ long, giving a good glimpse at
> how the lens handles that whole near-far thing. I rather like the black and
> white
> conversion as a shot unto itself, and again think the lens did a smashing job.
>
> http://www.bwp33.com/page15/page15.html

How fun, LOL! I have roughly equivalent shots of the same beast in the
same place, but taken during a very foggy day. As they are taken with
~60 mm eq. FOV, they provide a counterpoint to yours.

Landing Craft Resupply Cargo 1
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Maine/Inside%20Maine%20Clouds&image=15DSCF0567crs.jpg>
Landing Craft Resupply Cargo 2
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Maine/Inside%20Maine%20Clouds&image=16DSCF0568crs.jpg>

Not knowing its proper name, I called it the Sea Truck. I still sort of
like that. :-)   I think I prefer a more normal fl for the first shot,
as giving a realistic look at the proportions of this strange beastie. I
very much like the SWA view of #2. As I had the 300D and F10 at that
time, I had no real WA, but I doubt I'd have thought of the angle you
chose anyway.

Is the Dip Net Restaurant still there? We were quite impressed with the
quality of the food in a simple lunch out on the deck in the fog.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Maine/Inside%20Maine%20Clouds&image=13DSCF0565.jpg>

Moose