Re: [OM] (OM) Autumn in Central Otago

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Autumn in Central Otago
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:11:08 -0700
Brian Swale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I promised to make available some shots taken during my autumn foray into
> Central Otago, NZ, over the last 3 weeks.
>
> You may see them here
> <http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/>

For a short while, you may also see them in a mirror with full
navigation here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Otago>

Some lovely images, interesting subjects, good colour and composition.

The apples image doesn't seem to me up to the standard of the rest
technically. I like the subject a lot and the composition is good, but
the rather large area of sky completely blown to white bothers me. It's
so far gone that it has taken much of the substance of the stems and
leaves silhouetted  against it away, as well, leaving mere ghosts. At
ISO 100, you should have been able to get away with -1.0 EV to hold the
sky, and still had usable shadows.

> The shot of espalier apples obstinately refuses to load completely; what you
> see has the bottom 6% missing.

There's something troublesome or nonstandard going on with your
downsizing/saving. I tried tossing them into a Singapore gallery for
those who might want to view them with better navigation and/or a dark
background. The images showed up OK, but the information and navigation
features didn't work. Open and re-save as a batch in PS, and they work fine.

Moose