[OM] ( OM ) re Irfanview

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) re Irfanview
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:52:34 +1200
Hi all,

I wrote to  Irfan Skiljan the author thanking him for his great program, and
asking if he would consider (a) making it possible to vary the sharpness tool.
He replied that the latest version has this with 20 as the default value
> You can set the value in: image->effects->browser->sharpen ...

and (b) if he could consider making it possible to use by choice more than
one rgb kind.

He replied that he might

> Yes, IrfanView will show only RGB colors, no special profiles are
> used, not yet.
>
> I will try to add an option to e.g. set another color ICC profile and use
> it for the image/display. Maybe soon.
>
> Now, if a file has an embedded color profile, it can be used too,
> with installed and enabled plugin in properties->viewing.

Good news about a great program.

Brian Swale.