[OM] I was wrong

Subject: [OM] I was wrong
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 19:10:40 -0400
I had been hoping you would try some Ektar and report back.  I have a
few rolls for an upcoming trip.  It iappears to scan very nicely.  ICC
profiling would eliminate any spectral sensitivity flukiness yet  take
advantage of its very fine grain/scanability--would eleimiinate the
"look" of the film for good or bad.  It  does not tolerate
underexposure as well as UC 100 from what I can see. I'll know more in
a few weeks.
Mike

I've been following Ektar closely, but haven't tried it myself yet. From
what I've been seeing, Kodak has nuked the colors similarily to VS,
which I
personally find grating. These high contrast/saturation films emphasize
certain colors, and I think Kodak's magenta-and-blue centric emphasis
is a
bit nasty.  That tire is a bit over-inflated.  Anyway, Ektar is
definitely a
worthy film and should be worth the effort.