Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:38:22 -0400
Re: the Bass Harbor Light.
<http://www.bwp33.com/page6/files/page6-1000-full.html>  At least yours
is straight, Bob.  My wife and I ate dinner the other night at a Red
Lobster and on the wall right in front of my nose was a 30x40" (almost)
great B&W picture of the Bass Harbor Light taken from approximately the
same position but probably somewhat closer.  It was a nice shot full of
detail making me think it was probably taken with at least a 4x5.  But
the light house was leaning and tapered from uncorrected perspective
distortion.  Why does someone wrestle a heavy tripod and a 4x5 camera
(or maybe even larger) out onto the rocks and not utilize the
capabilities built into the camera?  Furthermore, why did Red Lobster
pay for it?

Chuck Norcutt