Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:14:47 -0400
On May 14, 2009, at 9:50 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:

> It seems a better time for sleep :-) The photos look a bit harsh and
> lack of
> 3-D look especially the flowers.

Oh, it _is_ a better time for sleep. But it's always interesting to
snap away during the off hours because one never knows what one will
get. I've printed a couple of the flowers, and while I wouldn't put
them out for sale, the prints look about a billion times better than
small images on the web.

You and some of the others on this list are masters of floral
photography; I don't even pretend. Mine were shot with a 70-200 zoom,
with the sun nearly directly overhead. That said, I do like the 21mm
tulip shot at 11x14 inches on my monitor. It really wasn't worth
uploading as the display size is so small the depth of the shot is not
apparent.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com