Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 05:22:15 -0700 (PDT)
No idea why one would put the camera away at high noon, unless it is there to
make thoz cheezy golden hour pictures.

High noon is the time when the texture of the building walls is brought to
life.  You loose some "threedimentionality", but then your subjects dont look
flat like a 8X4 piece of plywood.  With some careful photoshoping, you can end
up with better images.

I also use high noon to shoot against the sun, another big no-no.

Having said that, I would admit that the majority of my pixies isnt taken at
that time...I enjoy shooting during gloomy weather the most.  I also find the
hours before dawn fascinating.  Everything seems to eeringly glow (whatever
that means), but I can never get up in time to catch that light...

Boris