Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) High Noon
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:08:04 -0400
LOL! I tell people here on the Pemaquid Peninsula that I shoot almost
exclusively at sunrise because during the season, you can't find a
spot to set up your tripod at sunset. Good thing for me that most
shooters are lazy SOBs, 'cause the lighthouses in my area are much
better at sunrise. Every now and then in August I'll run into someone
at dawn, but it's pretty rare.

The Nykon 70-200 VR has the normal vibration reduction, but it also as
a setting for maximum VR. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to from a
moving boat this summer. Or an airplane.

Nice capture, by the way. I think in order to avoid any distortion of
the buildings, you must either shoot with a 4x5, or very carefully
position your 35 or digital so that it's front to bank and side to
side. Sometimes that makes for a lot of stuff in the foreground. Of
course at Bass Harbor Light, the foreground is that lovely pink Mt.
Desert granite, so it's not so bad.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com