Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 08:45:19 -0700 (PDT)
You guyses are nutz...:)

Seriously, doesn't it hurt?

My system is 2X100W and I never pass the ten percent of power, where it starts
feeling uncomfortable.  Wasnt the power needed just so the amp would be able to
faithfully reproduce the whole dynamic range?  If so isnt something like
100-120W enuf?

No wonder why you need bomshelters, otherwise there is the danger of the
ceiling falling on your head...:)

I too have sound absorbing material on the walls at home, but my time alone
room dozent look nearly as nice as Fernando's.  One day...when I retire...I
have no idea what my system would look like, but would definately include a
homebrewed Quad 405 for listening to my about 200 and growing collection of
vinyl records.

Boris

Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem

From:
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date:
Sat, 16 May 2009 19:47:19 -0300

Ian:

LOL :-) - yes, I know of all these frustrations.
Neighbor trouble is the worst of them, wife-factor is not in my case,
since she likes music (not everything I do, but some).
Maybe these frustrations are better known for me than for you, since
it's not easy to earn the money to buy this stuff in Uruguay.
I have weird plans 'though.
First I must sell those nice XPL160, then the Bryston 4B ST should be
easy to sell.

I will not reach 500/Ch, but 300/Ch are good enough for me.
It will mean a strong effort and a quantum leap, but if I succeed I plan
to buy a pair of PMC MB2i (still don't know how much do them cost ...
any idea?), and a 4B SST². Will not sell my Meridian 508-24 nor my
Bryston preamp, and of course none of my analog front-end.
What does DP stand for? and the rest of the spelling :-) ? hey, I can
hardly write English, mercy please.

These days I'm more on some good Jan Garbarek, John Surman, Mirolav
Vitous, Paul Bley.
Perhaps you'd like to see my other listening room panos: none of them
showed misalignments except the one already shown.

Chuck:

I preferred a Flat geometric model, and didn't quite understand the
reason for Spherical  or Cylindrical., which rendered a wrong perspective.
Besides, I has to set the Stylus zoom to a FL equiv to a normal lens -
if equiv to a wide angle ( ~35mm) they were stitched even worse.

Anyway, here they are for Ian. Only first three are panos, the remaining
links are for the 'For Sale' project :-)

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3526192041/sizes/l/>

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3526212715/sizes/l/>
--> already posted.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3526223723/sizes/l/>