Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Audio, was Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Audio, was Panorama problem
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:01:21 -0700
> From: "Ian Manners" <bvpr500@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> http://www.comkal.net/IMG_0033.jpg
>
> All designed and build by me, 8x mosfets in each output stage in
> AB mode.

Cool! I've always wanted to do that, but the closest I got was
designing and partially building an 8-in stereo mixer. It's in the
garage somewhere, waiting 20 years to be mounted in an enclosure. :-(

But on the topic of completed projects, here's my most recent:
        http://www.EcoReality.org/wiki/Image:Milking_stand.jpg

(I wasn't terribly happy with the E-3's exposure on this one.)

and in use:
        http://www.EcoReality.org/wiki/Image:Maya_in_stand_first_time.jpg

Welding has a certain appeal, in that it is less predictable than
electronics design, and you can make up for a lot of lack of skill
with an angle grinder and a few coats of paint.

I have been known to inadvertently combine electronics design with
welding. 8 MOSFETs in AB would seem to have some potential there,
except their PTC tends to equalize current load. Bipolar finals make
more spectacular welders if you get the anti-current-hogging emitter
resistors wrong... :-)

:::: "With your intensive agriculture," he went on, "you're simply
draining the soil of phosphorus. More than half of one per cent a
year. Going clean out of circulation. And then the way you throw away
hundreds of thousands of tons of phosphorus pentoxide in your sewage!
Pouring it into the sea. And you call that progress. Your modern
sewage systems!" His tone was witheringly scornful. "You ought to be
putting it back where it came from. On the land." Lord Edward shook an
admonitory finger and frowned. "On the land, I tell you." -- Aldus
Huxley, from "Point Counter Point," published 1928 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::