Re: [OM] (OT) Web Page Design (was: High Noon)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Web Page Design (was: High Noon)
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:03:26 -0000
Brian Swale wrote:
>> http://www.xenscape.com/imaging/anon/dpreview.jpg
>
> No problem at all with Opera 9.63 on XP, loking at that page (found by
> Google)

Now I am confused!  What were you looking at, Brian?

What you should be looking FOR is overlapping text, which indicates an error
in the HTML rendering engine, or poor design by the author of the web page.

To show what I see on my system (WinXP with IE7), I did a "screen scrape" of
the top left-hand corner of the DP Review home page, and saved it as a JPEG
file.  That is what I put on my web site as "dpreview.jpg".  Because it is a
JPEG, it is not affected by rendering errors, and so the JPEG will show you
exactly what I see, namely overlapping text in the navigation column down
the left side of the DP Review home page.  And you should see that
regardless of the web browser you are using (you should be looking at the
content of the image displayed by the JPEG, not how the image is positioned
on the page).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK