Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Panorama problem
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:31:56 +1000 (EST)
> I seem to remember that the first electric lines in the US where always
> straight as they thought the electricity would keep going and fall off the
> wires when it turned a corner.  John

Now that gave me a good laugh :-)

Sharp bends in cables are more to do with changing the impedance
of a cable (not by much) as well as physically damaging solid core
cables. Speaker cable on the otherhand are normally multi strand of
a fine diameter so is designed to be bent but you should still not bend
it sharply at right angles but mainly only to stop breaking the strands.

Some of the real big cables used in transmission lines cant be bent
more than a couple of mill's a metre but thats due to its over all diameter,
and the materials used, some cables I've seen used in mining can
only be bend a couple of mill's over 5 metres.

I did use 200A cable once for speaker cable but only as I had it handy
and it happened to were it was needed around the outside of the house.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

"Operating Systems manufactured by Microsoft are by far the most popular, with
millions of copies in use worldwide. Linux fans, on the other hand, may note
that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do
not denote a higher life form."