Re: [OM] (OT) Pixel (?) line on monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Pixel (?) line on monitor
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:06:42 -0400
On May 23, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> It's not impossible but I would be surprised if your system doesn't
> require memory SIMMS to be installed in pairs.  If you have 4GB
> installed it's most likely as 4 1GB SIMMS which means you'd have to
> take
> down 2GB at a time.

That's it. 4 1GB SIMMS.  (Actually, they're DPR-2 F8 DIMMs running at
667mhz. <g>)

As I never had a moment's trouble before installing CS4, and because
I'm not a big believer in coincidence, I'm of the opinion that I'm
just stressing things too much with only 4GB of memory, and either
futzing the memory or the video card. I've got a few months left on my
AppleCare warranty, so I think I'll have a talk with them before I do
anything drastic, assuming, of course, that I can find an actual human
to talk with.

--Bob