Re: [OM] OT - anti virus & utility programs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - anti virus & utility programs
From: Robert Burnette <r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:08:17 -0400
Jim:

Are you aware of the pending class action lawsuit against Symantec (Norton's)?
It seems that whenever anyone has taken advantage of an early renewal offer or
has renewed before the old subscription ran out, the Symantec folk have been
cancelling the remaining portion of the old subscription rather than adding the
new subscription term to it. That's a customer ripoff that they have gotten
away with for a long time. It is unlikely that most customers noticed. (Who
bothers to check on such things?) But, someone did and finally decided to sue
to stop the practice. I don't know whether Symantec has dropped the policy or
not.

So, at present one should not renew until the very last day of the old
subscription.

Robert