Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"

Subject: Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:26:09 +0200
Hi, Fernando and all,

From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Chuck, just finished reading it.
>
> It gives me a perfect reasoning to justify my reluctance of cropping my
> photographs ... (see first comment, below the article - if I understood
> it right).

Cropping a picture, either in Photoshop, the enlarger or with scissors at
the finished print, is OK for me, there's nothing wrong about it.

Sometimes you don't have the right focal length at hand, and walking closer
may alter the perspective. Or the camera has no viewfinder, like the
Bessa-T: see <
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9539051@N06/sets/72157618722297724/>, I had no
external viewfinder for the 75, most pics on this album are taken with it.

Or simply you can't be looking thru the viewfinder: <
http://cjss.sytes.net/post/ginette/11meses/IMG_0586.jpg> -- the feet/legs at
the back of the little girl are mine, I just poked the camera (sorry, OT
gear) out the side of the sofa. It's a fun pic, anyway ;-)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)