Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"

Subject: Re: [OM] DPReview on the "standard lens"
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:38:59 +0200
Hi, Moose and all,

From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
> Carlos J. Santisteban wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, the other "too sharp" lenses I own are:
> >
> > -R*llei 35's Tessar 40/3.5
> >

> Hmmm. That's not been my experience with mine. Fairly recently acquired
> from a list member, I found the sharpness of my first roll just OK

<snip>

> Perhaps the difference may be in how the images are prepared and viewed.

Most likely. The subjective perception of sharpness may be a combination of
contrast, acutance, resolution, texture and whatever else, depending on the
individual.

> Or perhaps we simply have samples on opposite ends of the QA curve. :-)

Maybe too ;-) Another factor is that most pics I take with the R*llei 35
(not that much, BTW) use medium apertures, probably in the whereabouts of
its 'sweet-spot', and making focusing much less critical. Interesting
camera, however.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)