Re: [OM] I've been on the sidelines for a bit, however this looks like a

Subject: Re: [OM] I've been on the sidelines for a bit, however this looks like a decent deal 4Ti
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:30:02 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Above 135xxx they start to be MC, 129xxx are F. Zuiko.
> Is yours an F. Zuiko or the psychedelic MC model :-) ?

You may add a data point to the list. Above 130,040 are MC. Mine is
marked MC.

> I made a typo, it's a 140646 - 149xxx are not listed in
> <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/misc/lensCoatings.txt>.
>
> Since I'm at the limit of beginning to collect them, I should make convenient
> choices !.
> Look, it's marked SKD8 at the rear - this could be my first 'marked' Zuiko !.
> Pity it doesn't say MC anywhere.
> It should, according to the table linked above.

No, I don't think it should. When Oly started multi-coating their
lenses, they added the "MC". Later, when all lenses were multi-coated,
they dropped the "MC" from the lens ring.With that SN and plain "ZUIKO",
without the "F." prefix, it is multi-coated.

Also, take a look at the enlarged image of the front. There are subtle
magenta and green shades inside, sure signs of multi-coating.
<http://auctions.system35.com/Pics/Olympus_300_Lens_646_P1236/Olympus_300_Lens_646_P1236_2.jpg>

> Nothing wrong with its being an F. Zuiko

No worries.

> , but it adds to the opportunity of making it cross the Atlantic twice :-) -
> and spending more money in shipping it to Ireland. Does anyone know how high
> would Ireland (European) taxes for U.S incoming goods are?

I take it it's still unsafe, impractical or just even more expensive to
ship it to you from the US? The seller offers international shipping.
With over 6600 feedbacks, he should have some experience with that. I'd
be happy to buy and ship for you if the seller's international shipping
option isn't right. Double shipping would also add to the total, though.

Send me the airfare, and I'll bring it down myself, but not until
Spring. ;-)

Moose