Re: [OM] 4/3 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 questions
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:27:27 -0500

> But this is Oly. Actual availability is sometimes much later. Also, when
> they have insufficient cameras to meet initital demand, they sometimes
> play games with distribution by region of the world.

I beg to differ. This was absolutely true with the E-1 as the introduction
to distribution time-lag was quite severe.  As I recall, it took the better
part of five months.  But when you look at the consumer-grade products, the
introduction to distribution time-lag is usually 2-4 weeks.  No different
than Nikon and Canon.  In fact, the time-lag now is essentially identical to
Nikon and Canon.

AG