Re: [OM] Desks, film and jpgs

Subject: Re: [OM] Desks, film and jpgs
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:20:21 +1000
2009/5/28 Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>:
> They come with straps? I guess there must be orphan straps for a 300D
> and a 5D lurking in the boxes somewhere. Mine have straps I've come to
> through years of trying them out that simply transferred from older cameras.

That must be Canon's theory - that when you upgrade, you're more
likely to have an existing strap preference that you'll transfer to
the new box.

> I have tried wide, stiffish straps like those and didn't like them. I
> probably have a couple in the bag-o-straps, wherever it is at the moment.
>
> I believe the answer to your problem lies not in a strap, but in a
> harness. They are very simple devices that take all the weight off the
> neck and distribute it to shoulders and back. They completely change the
> body dynamic of carrying the camera. Head comes up straight, shoulders
> straighten and the neck/spine pressure is gone.

You have mentioned those before, and I noted it as looking just right
for a walking-around strap. I don't know why I haven't bought one of
them yet, so thanks for the links. I will be doing so. A bit like
bags, I don't mind multiple options, and particularly for
walking-around I think your suggestions/tips are going to be a big
help for that migraine thing.

Cheers, and thanks again,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz