Re: [OM] Lest we lose the real perspective...

Subject: Re: [OM] Lest we lose the real perspective...
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:08:38 +0200
Chris, I don't think he sucks at all - I have seen some magnificent
images.
Furthermore, I do not even know enough of his work to draw true
conclusions.

I have, however, not seen many people *not* elevate him to god status,
which is
why I commented on Bill's message that I often find many of his images
to be very
ordinary. Of course, every photographer produces a mixed body of work.
It's just that
some people attach a certain status to him which I do not think is
justified. He was just
a standard (generally very good)  human photographer whose writings
have greatly influenced
and enriched the photographic world.