[OM] The ponies are off and running and other ramblings . . .

Subject: [OM] The ponies are off and running and other ramblings . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:07:40 EDT
Have you tried to find film lately?  I needed a few rolls of color
negative film for a class I teach and had to go to three different stores
before  I
could find it. Sam's was a zero.  Target had one 4 roll package and
finally I found enough of what I needed at Wal-Mart.  It wasn't a real  problem
for me because I'm a committed user, however if might be a problem for  the
casual user who just need a roll of film. That experience was really the
first time I had seriously thought about someone really taking my Kodachrome
away.

Last night was the first night of a 7 session class I teach on the
principles of photography and I sent 9 folks out with a couple rolls of film
each,
an OM 1 or OM 1n to discover how a camera works using a recently  Camtech
serviced OM.  These classes really get the juices flowing for  me.  With
building and moving into a new home I hadn't done a class in a  good many
months.  The enthusiasm is contagious. The work folks bring to  class each week
is
pretty impressive.  I'll see if I can't get some of it  posted to a website.

As one who trots his work out in front of folks for critique on a regular
basis, I must report that my latest venture produced a big goose egg in the
being selected for exhibition category.  That was disappointing, however
there is only one thing that it really means.  And that is . . .   "Next."  I
plan to dress the same group of images up and send them out  again to
another juried exhibit.

I hope my posting these messages from time to time will encourage others to
 stir their creative pots, become a little vulnerable, show there work and
share  their knowledge with others.  Some might say, "If Bill Barber can do
it,  anyone can."  Some might be right.

<{B^)  Bill Barber

Oh, I was making a pinhole exposure of an alligator's head while I was
writing this. Stir the pot!