Re: [OM] Card readers.

Subject: Re: [OM] Card readers.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:30:28 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> Anybody have a hint as to why my laptop's USB ports (and built-in CF slot)
> run at "Turtle on Sleeping Pills" speed?  The only way I can get any
> performance is through the firewire port and even that seems a bit, uh,
> sluggish.
>
> Gateway laptop, Windows XP.

Corn syrup in the pipes?

Is it old enough to fall into the lacuna where ports were labeled USB
2.0, but weren't "Hi-Speed"? That was a real boondoggle by the USB
standards folks.

Firewire shouldn't be affected by that issue. It does seem that early
Firewire on some PCs was reported to be slow. The Firewire 400 on my
last desktop was slower than USB 2.0 HS on an external drive I had.

Moose