Re: [OM] The Glendenning's Garden

Subject: Re: [OM] The Glendenning's Garden
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 19:19:20 -0400
Thanks.  Yeah, I saw that spike in the far end of the red channel.  I
tried to get rid of it but I didn't like the result.  Maybe I'll give it
another shot by playing only with the red channel which I didn't try.
But just playing with exposure and recovery doesn't cut it.  I intend to
print this one large so it is worth a fair effort.

Yes, the bokeh in the background of the woodpecker it very edgy.
Strangely, it's the same lens and focal length as the poppy shot but
with different backgrounds and distances.  I'll give the Gaussian blur a
try.  I have a lot of other woodpecker shots which I didn't use because
there's even more of that edgy background.  That particular shot is
cropped to make the bird larger but also to eliminate some of the edginess.

Chuck Norcutt