Re: [OM] The Glendenning's Garden

Subject: Re: [OM] The Glendenning's Garden
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 22:03:08 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Then there are Walt's favorites from Stoney Point... they can also be had
> with a wood knob attached to the 1/4/20 screw at top.  You can, of course,
> attach the low cost Bogen monopod head to that screw.  This one has a QR plate
> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554098-REG/Manfrotto_by_Bogen_Imaging_234RC_234RC_Swivel_Tilt_Head_for.html>
>

> Andrew Fildes wrote:
>
>> Sorry - that's the Leki Sierra or the Jacko Royal

I also have a Leki, don't know the model, with wood knob with inset
compass that unscrews for a tripod thread. Very nice walking stick and
good monopod. I prefer the Manfrotto without QR.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554096-REG/Manfrotto_by_Bogen_Imaging_234_234_Swivel_Tilt_Monopod.html>

If traveling light, no QR is needed, as the thumbwheel connects very
quickly. If traveling with more gear, a Velbon QRA-3 QR receiver is tiny
and light and matches the QR plates I use for other tripods.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/566713-REG/Velbon_QRA_3B_QRA_3B_Quick_Release_Adapter.html>

I already have too many different QR plates, no more!

On my last little trip, I was not on heavy duty or many wet rocks. Still
the TrekPod Go worked very well as both walking stick and tri/mono pod.
A stick is a big help on the wildly uneven seashore. Again, I have a
Velbon ball head on it that uses the same QR plates.

Moose