Re: [OM] A lot of photos

Subject: Re: [OM] A lot of photos
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 20:35:58 +0100
2009/5/30 Chris Barker

> There are some lovely photos there, Tom, but my favourite is 3316.
> The shot into sun of people walking or playing is timeless for me.  I
> don't mind the bit of flare in the bottom, perhaps I even like.

Good choice - I like it too...  That's the 35/2 in question as well - with
the sun in the frame I think the natural look speaks well for both lens and
sensor.

> I had to look up Kirkby Stephen on the map to remind myself where it
> was: it's at the top of a lovely valley that I flown up many times.
> We would fly up Wensleydale then turn north past Garsdale Head into
> Aisgill (I think that's the name) and into the Vale of Eden, trying
> not to fly over Kirkby Stephen.  It must be difficult living in a town
> in a military low flying area situated at the head of a gorgeous valley.

All was quiet this weekend...  A couple of you guys did fly below me once as
I stood on top of Helvellyn - pretty awe-inspiring, and probably about three
minutes past Kirkby Stephen for you?

> Thanks for the reminder, although I am very sad that I didn't win the
> 35/2 :-)

He may not like it - he has a 2.8 to compare it with.  I found the larger f2
easier to handle on the 5D, but everyone's different.

Tom