Re: [OM] New to list

Subject: Re: [OM] New to list
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:20:36 -0400
Yep, it appears they use an IDA.  The instructions for new developers
are listed below.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_of_a_new_camera

The port of the hack to the G9 was languishing for months with one
intractable bottleneck after another until this one cracker-jack
dev in Stuttgart finally got a hold of a G9--he had it ported in 8
hours of work.  The others fixed the bugs and ported it for the other
flavors of firmware over a few weeks. :-)

Mike

How does this work? Does someone have a disassembler? I can't imagine
doing this in machine code. Where do you get the instruction set for a
Canon processor? :-)

Chuck Norcutt

usher99 [at] aol.com wrote:

    Back from the Peloponnese hopefully with a few reasonable images.

    The reasonably  stable releases for the CHDK hack are listed below:

    http://mighty-hoernsche.de/

     The firmware for a few Oly digicams has been dumped, but none of
the serous experienced developers has really given it a full court
press AFAIK from checking in on the forum now and again. I like the G9
hack despite its included native RAW with the hyperfocal distance
calculator on half press, separate live 3 channel histo, zebra mode.
There are also very elegant intervalometer scrips already written for
it. (I alos can monitor the battery temp and sensor temp :-)--not sure
why I really need to know that though. The G10 firmware has been dumped
and undoubtedly will succomb to a developer this year. It appears that
less than 10% of the firmware requires in depth understanding to port
the hack. I would not bet against Moose being able to do it as well,
but I can't imagine it would be good use of his time.

    Mike

    Oh come on - I thort you could hack anything!
    Andrew Fildes
    afildes [at] xxxxxxxxxxxxx