Re: [OM] An object of beauty

Subject: Re: [OM] An object of beauty
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 08:54:34 -0500

> BTW, I may have some un-used plastic bottom pieces that came with
> an original OM-4t and I will sell them to anyone for a mere $199.50 plus
> shipping. I'm sure they can be used with an OM-3T. It could help protect
> the camera while it sits in ones showcase, or help sell a slightly used
> OM-3T for a super high price as a NIB.

All one has to do is see the scoring from being attached to a tripod to tell
that a camera is used.

I had thought about putting a piece of static-adhesive plastic on the bottom
of the camera, but by the time I would have carved holes in the plastic for
the battery compartment, motordrive advance, motordrive rewind, electrical
contacts and the tripod socket I could read "War and Peace".

Besides, if I really want to protect the bottom plate, that's what those MD2
motor drives are for.

:)

Last night I photographed the outside of the library for the documentation
project.  Equipment used:  OM-4T, MD2, 35/shift, 300/4.5, red filter, tripod
and cable release.

Why the 4T instead of the 3Ti?  Well, the 3Ti had other film already loaded
in it and I needed to use PanF.  But the wailing coming from the camera bag
was mighty disconcerting.

AG