Re: [OM] This weeks pictures for fun - and it includes a beer

Subject: Re: [OM] This weeks pictures for fun - and it includes a beer
From: <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:34:28 +0000
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
---- Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Northeast is leading the beer industry of the entire world.  I wish I could
> say the same about the wine...

Glad to see you defending us, Boris! I confess to being lax in my beer roving,
having settled on Pemaquid Ale and Shipyard Summer Ale pretty much to the
exclusion of others.

> I just had the best ale in my entire life this weekend.
>
> Comes from here:
>
> http://www.oldeburnsidebrewing.com/index.html

I see it's distributed in Maine, but by only one distributor. I'll see if I can
track it down. "Best in my entire life" is a pretty strong recomendation.

> Having said that, one thing that you cant find in the US is a good lager,
> especially like the ones brewed in the Southern and Eastern Europe.  Never
> had a Romanian beer, but had some excellent Czech, Italian and
> Bulgarian...Sometimes I get Becks here to satisfy the crave, but it is not as
> good.

When stationed in Asmara, Eritrea, back in the early 70s, we often drank a
locally brewed Italian beer. Melotti, I think it was. Pretty good, as I recall.
We also frequently stopped during road trips for a big bottle of Tuborg, which,
I think, was Danish(?) Eritrea was where I learned to enjoy beer at
temperatures that wouldn't produce frostbite of the tonsils.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com