Re: [OM] Its a tool not just Re: An object of beauty

Subject: Re: [OM] Its a tool not just Re: An object of beauty
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:57:22 +0200
Thanks for looking :-)

As usual I rushed to upload them, so didn't even have time to crop the
scanning marks. I was extremely disappointed when I scanned the first
images the same as when I scanned some for my father in law recently,
blurred grainy and loads of dust and scratches, fortunately I kept going
and after cleaning the scanner glass and trying various adjustments I
found that eventually  I was actually liking the scans (v700) and the
ektar 100 scans lovely, so film will live on a bit longer at least, I
have some 6x4.5 to scan as well, so they should be amazing.

I follow AG's recent reasoning though and slides are easier to look
through on a lightbox to find the one you want, but as I scan the whole
film and store it in aperture I don't see it being an issue.

To be honest though if I didn't have the 3Ti which I invested a LOT of
money in then I would find it very hard to continue with film and that
was the basis of my proffering in the original post.

I am still in the habit of carring the E-3 around when we are walking
and I decided to add two shots taken from sunday walk, In the other
shots, if you wish to know what is portra or ektar then click on the
info link and the first part of the name will tell you.

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/8100207_JddWM#552686449_8HLci>

Thanks Ian