Re: [OM] An object of beauty

Subject: Re: [OM] An object of beauty
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:24:43 -0500

> Minolta advised against using faster than 1/250 with "supported flash
> units" which were, of course, TTL flashes.  I suspect that probably gets
> into TTL exposure computation time.  I know I've used 1/500 with manual
> flash and suspected it went higher than that.  Nice to know it actually
> does go to 1/3200.  At some point you'd run into flash duration
> problems, especially with studio units which tend to have long duration
> flashes.

Agreed.  When using wireless with my monolights, I think that 1/320 was the
maximum I've gone without any partial flash issues.  I could go much higher,
but I was definitely getting partial flashes or none at all.  I did run it
up to something like 1/2000 in testing, but it wasn't reliable.  But I have
used them at 1/500.

AG