Re: [OM] [OT] Image galleries

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Image galleries
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:03:48 +0200
Hi Nicolas,

I heartily recommend Smugmug, I have been using it for several years
for my greatpix.eu site. The upload is quite easy with the Java
applet--just drag all the images into the window and click "Upload".
But by far the main advantage is the it is much more viewer-friendly
than Flickr. The navigation in Flickr is simply horrible, and it
really puts me off many otherwise good sites. Also, with Smugmug you
have many more customization options, should you want to change the
look and feel of your gallery.

I do not use Smugmug to sell prints, so in fact my only complaint
about the service is that the Print option is always on by default and
I have to remember to turn it off every time I create a new gallery.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu