Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:46:24 -0700
I believe John Lind who used a pair of Tamron SP 35-105 f2.8 lenses was less
than thrilled with the newer 28-105.

I think the real key is in the second part. To see the difference requires
pretty careful technique. My own experience with the 35-105 Tamron and 35-80
Zuiko is that they are very close ... and tying in to your (much?) earlier
post I do see a need for Arca Swiss style quick release, my half dozen or so
Manfrotto plates went to live with another list member who has a monopod ...

Mike posted a DXO link that showed how critical focus could be. It takes
very, very, little to turn an ultra sharp picture into merely a sharp
picture.

Me ... well I'm keeping both Zuiko 35-80 and Tamron 35-105 lenses. No
interest in the 28-105 but I like shift lenses enough that I almost always
use them for the wide end anyway.

Jeff Keller