Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:53:26 +1200
Ken wrote in response:

> Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. I should have higher priorities right
now
> anyway.

Higher priorities?  Surely you jest.
AG

The day before, I had to pay half as much as I bid on that lens, to get
unexpected engine repair done on my big red car. And there's still a lot of
month to go until the golden eagle drops its load again :-(

I use Hammersnipe, and usually they give about 8 seconds for a free snipe.
2 seconds for a paid one. I was watching and I saw the 14 seconds-to-go
note before I refreshed again. Yes, I 'could' have been outbid by another
snipe, there's an equally good chance a fast connection could do it
manually.

Yes I know Piers, wrong lens cap, and no petal hood either.
The Zuiko 35-105 at long reach IS one of the sharpest manual Zuikos I
have, but I'm keen to try one of these 35-80 pieces of bottle..

Just for information, what I bid in NZ dollar terms, was about $820. New, 5?
years ago when Zuikos were still stocked by Olympus, that model was
priced at about $4,200 NZ.  The attraction of this particular lens auction was
that the seller is in Taiwan. I hoped that even more people would have let it
go due to the place of origin. Maybe they did. I asked about fungus in it and
he assured me there was none.

Not to worry. "Some day soon" I'll have an Obsession 6x17 to pay for ...
Before Christmas possibly :-)

Brian Swale.