Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:28:33 -0500
I bought three sets of ebay triggers with the faint hope that they'd last a
year.  I'm on my third season with them now.  Granted, there is substantial
variability in performance of the transmitters, but they haven't degraded
since new.  The most important thing I discovered is making absolutely sure
that no receivers are within 10 feet (3m) of each other.  The receivers are
so blasted noisy that they'll actually trigger other receivers and mask the
signal coming from the transmitters.

Will I buy them again when these ones become worthless?  I honestly don't
know.  I'd like to get some higher quality units and if I went full-time,
without a doubt I would. But if I went full-time, I'd probably get a whole
new set of AlienBees anyway.

AG