Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 15:56:39 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The corners at the wide end of the 35-105 don't sharpen up until well stopped
> down, but that is OK as I'll put it on a tripod or use a prime. It's barrell
> dist can be a bother, however.

To be clear, referring to the TAmron 35-105/2.8, not the Zuiko
35-105/3.5-4.5

> I know Moose wouldn't like it for an all purpose walk-around with its limited
> macro ability.

LOL You know 'cause I told you while you were using it. :-)

I prefer the Zuiko if I need the reach, but it's close focus,while
better than either of the 35-80/2.8s, is still pretty limited. The
Tamron 35-80/2.8-3.8 is lighter, much smaller, has almost macro of 1:2.5
and that's at the much more useful long end.

Moose