Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:47:17 -0500

> Gee, I wonder where I stick the film in the D3? <g>

Add two to the alphabet and three to the number. The film fits just fine.

Had Nikon come out with that camera (F6) at the beginning of the digital
age, it just may have slowed the tidal wave. I fondled one recently and had
momentary pains of jealousy.  I bleed Olympus though, so it was just
momentary.

Actually, I think that's a currently perfect setup.  A D3/D3X/D700 for
digital and an F6 loaded up with film of choice (B&W?).  Both handle
identically and are completely interchangeable.

If I had to completely start from ground-zero with a new camera system based
entirely on NEW equipment, that would probably be my choice. However, not
without serious face-time first to make sure that the grip shape didn't
aggravate the wrists.

But I figure I have 25 years of serious photography ahead of me. I'd rather
limit the number of times I switch camera systems in that time. So far, it's
23 years with Olympus as my primary axe.

Hmm.  That's an interesting thought...  If instead of film, I follow the
popular trend of buying new cameras every two years.  I'd be looking at at
least 12 cameras from now to then and going backwards, it would mean a
career total of over 20 cameras!  Maybe an expensive  "lifetime" camera like
a Leica does actually make financial sense.

AG