Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:28:44 -0400
You can buy a small laptop (and especially a used one) for what you have
to pay for some of these gizmos.  Much bigger screen and it will help
keep you entertained at night.  You won't fill all of your storage
within one day.  Just download to the laptop when you get back to where
you're staying.  But if you do exceed the capacity of your cards and the
cards are no longer avaiable as a backup I would recommend a small,
external USB drive as backup.  In the size you would likely need
(probably 40-80 GB) you can get good deals as those are now "obsolete".

I bought a laptop specifically to make the big trip and now wouldn't be
without it.  It goes wherever we travel.

Ooops!  Forgot you're not a Winders guy.  You'll have to spend too much
for a laptop.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt