Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:27:11 -0400
80 GB external USB drives are going now for as little as $36.  64GB
flash drive are available but very expensive.  The price sweet spot
seems to be 32GB.  Newegg has a sale today at $55.  Still quite a bit
more expensive.  Yes, the flash drive is more reliable but the hard
drive is not unreliable... and it's only serving as a backup to another
copy.

If flash cards were cheaper I'd just buy more flash cards since they can
do double duty... in the camera or out.  But they're not cheap... yet.

As to burning a DVD in a shop... maybe in China.  I have no idea who
would do that for you in the US and in what kind of shop.  I think it
would require a major search.

Chuck Norcutt