Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:08:34 -0700
I'll be taking the laptop + a 1TB drive in my Rosewill case when we head
down the coast in 2½ weeks. Why so big?  you might ask. The laptop has a
small HD and not much headroom left so I didn't want to chance maxing it
out. And that's what I have in the case right now. No sense buying a
smaller drive anyway and they are all the same physical size. So I'll
have a copy on the laptop until it fills up and a backup on the external
drive and a couple of CF cards. Nice to have the big screen to look at
the days shoot in the evening with my wife.

I wish there was a way to use the camera firmware to up load photos
directly to a portable USB drive. Has this already be implemented? Am I
missing something?

Mike