Re: [OM] TTL flash theory, was: An object of beauty

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL flash theory, was: An object of beauty
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:54:33 -0400
Not necessary.  Here's 1/4 second at f/8, ISO 100.  On camera flash
providing the main light, background fill by two studio lights bouncing
of the ceiling of the party tent.  The long shutter drag was necessary
to pick up the decorative incandescent lights.  At 1/60 they'd be all
but invisible.

The only noticeable motion blur is the left hand of the woman at right
in the red dress.  This shot was made with an A1 at the equivalent of
32mm.  The IS was turned on so that likely prevented some camera motion
but 1/4 second is still two stops down from 1/15.

Chuck Norcutt