Re: [OM] (was) Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] (was) Image Storage on the Road
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 01:39:49 +1200
In New Zealand, I find cell-phone voice is far too expensive. I use my cell-
phone for text messages only, excepting emergencies, then I limit the call to
less than one minute.

On land line I use a special deal that allows me to call any place in NZ for
just $30NZ extra per month, as often as I want. The only limiter is that each
call gets the cheap rate only for the part of it that is under 120 minutes
long.
It is not uncommon for me to spend more than 2 hours on the phone to my
g/f some 500 km away; at the end of each 2 hours I just hang up and re-dial.
The same amount of calling by cell-phone would cost between $1,500 and
$2,000 per month. It would eat up my income very fast.

Brian Swale.