Re: [OM] (IMG) Deep Purple

Subject: Re: [OM] (IMG) Deep Purple
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 19:12:03 +0200
Hi Fernando, Chuck and all,

> From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile

> Hi list, Here there is the other runner-up of the one published at: This
> one is much better scanned

<snip>

> Full moon and Mars in the sky ... ? ? ? ? ... Mars close to Earth: Tuesday,
> August 12 2003, 06:15 a.m. Tripod mounted Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode, Zuiko
> 21mm ?/3,5 @ ?/5,6 Beautiful thin flare typical of the 21/3,5 is clearly
> visible -- this took me a while. Provia 100F small:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3598370150/ link to
> 1280, and link to view on black.

Seems to have much more saturation than the one published at tope.nl. BTW,
if you want to see some flare from the other 21mm (f/2): <
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuiko21/3559444877/>

>How do you think a tight shot of Moon and Mars would look like with my
>hopefully oil-free 300/4,5 ?

Like this: <
http://cjss.sytes.net/web/cjss.galeon.com/astro/20020514/vml300.jpeg>. Venus
is also around. Taken with my (yes, OILY!) Zuiko 300/4.5

Or, if you want to see a wider shot (Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5 @ 35mm) including
Jupiter: <
http://cjss.sytes.net/web/cjss.galeon.com/astro/20020514/jevml35.jpeg>

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Very nice and also very interesting.  I'm wondering why the moon is
> rendered with 6 diffraction spikes.  It look more like it was taken with
> an Newtonian telescope with a 3 arm spider than the 21/3.5.

Because the 21/3.5 has a six blades diaphragm... and wasn't fully open -- I
believe f/5.6 is the optimal aperture on the tiny 21.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)