Re: [OM] Another big article on the Olympus Pen and Micro 43 on Zone-10

Subject: Re: [OM] Another big article on the Olympus Pen and Micro 43 on Zone-10
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 16:19:48 -0500

> Yes, it's an issue with me.  I think it's just nutty to hold a camera
> out at arms length to see the screen while it competes with the sun.  As
> I said in my last post what I was hoping for was a *usable* EVF.
> 1024x768 EVFs were claimed to be available several years ago by the same
> company that made the EVFs in the Mynolta A1s and A2s which are 4 and 5
> year old technology.  I do actually use the EVF on the A1 but, at
> 320x240 resolution it's difficult.  1042x768 should be as good as many
> computer screens.

That's something that I find extremely disappointing. The A2 was the ONLY
camera to ever have a true VGA resolution display. It was actually very
nice.

I've gotten to really like LCD monitors, even for event photography. I don't
hold the cameras out at arms length and I'm a little bit more discreet.  But
it is really nice to be able to take pictures of people while they are still
"in the moment". The moment you bring your camera to your eye, the moment is
broken.  These days, with P&S cameras so common, taking people pictures in
the same manner as the "unwashed" do is actually quite disarming.

As to "landscape" and "studio" photography, give me a bright LCD monitor any
day.  I love it.  But I shoot "two-eyed", so it comes more naturally for me.

AG