Re: [OM] Moose's USB reader recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose's USB reader recommendation
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 21:42:06 -0700
I ordered another myself, along with an audio patch cord, so I now have
two that work fine.

I've tried CF, SD, SDHC, micro SD, xD and Memory Stick cards in mine and
all work. That's all the slots they have.

It is important to check. A few years ago, I bought a reader with the
same name, although perhaps not the same maker, from B&H. It worked fine
for CF cards, but when I later got a camera with xD cards, it didn't
read them. A little research led to the fact that a chip commonly used
in readers had a batch that didn't work for xD cards. It appeared that
there were a lot of readers out there that were defective, but not many
folks trying to use them with xD cards.

His prices are amazing. I can't imagine how he makes any significant
money at it, even if the stock if free to him.  :-)   I needed a 3.5mm,
male to male patch cord. $15 + tax at Target; $3.37, delivered, from
him. Seems solidly made, and works fine.

Moose