Re: [OM] (IMG) Deep Purple

Subject: Re: [OM] (IMG) Deep Purple
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 22:31:19 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

> And it will become more obvious after I match better the correct exposure -
> _maybe a better color balance_ ... which leads to another question:
>
> I didn't trust my eyes only while doing curves and anything else: I consulted
> my daughter, who has young cells and pigments in her retina - she
> consistently told me that it was not blue enough ... I trusted her. Now, it's
> obvious to me that some fair amount of my hatred magenta hue is missing !, a
> very difficult color to tame for me (it falls into the A, B, C triangle,
> named a non-spectral color. Am I right?).

You should know better than to ask about that. It just encourages the
Moose. If you want color balance realistic to the subject, much fretting
and gnashing of teeth, not to mention loss of time and possible loss of
sanity,  may be avoided by profiling your film.

Apropos another recent thread, the thrid, fourth and fifth of these
images were taken with the Tamron 35-80/2.8-3.8
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Scan/VuesProf/>

> So, the Provia has a significant amount of 'deeper purple'.
>
> Why is it that at least two people have seen them too blue?

They weren't there, what do they know? :-)

Moose