Re: [OM] Speaking of Trains

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of Trains
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:12:55 -0500
Chuck wrote:

> GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK, Colo. <http://www.nps.gov/grsa/>
> I had never heard of this place before yesterday when my wife pointed
> out this article she had found in the Boston Globe..

...Unfortunately, I can't find the dozen or so stunning photos of the dunes
> that accompanied the article.

You mean, like this?

http://www.image66media.com/page17.html

<http://www.image66media.com/page17.html>GSDNP is one of our favorite
locations and if we do travel to Colorado next month, we'll probably stay
there for several days. There are excellent trails (including one really
nice 4WD trail) and photo opportunities.  Last time, I attempted a full-moon
time-exposure of the dunes with the 4x5 camera, but ran into issues with it.
 I'll gladly attempt to do the shot again this year from the main entrance
to the park.

Having grown up just south of Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan, I'm
familiar with sand.  Love it. But must say that Colorado's sand dunes seem
harder to climb, but I account that to less moisture in the sand.

We'll do some 4-wheeling this year, for sure, along with some mountain
biking.

AG